a question about compile BIND while Creating chroot jail

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Aug 24 21:46:22 UTC 2005

hamideh d wrote:

>hi ,
>the BIND on redhat9 is in form of RPM,i want to create
>chroot jail for it,in
>http://www.losurs.org/docs/howto/Chroot-BIND.html is
>written to compile BIND after making chroot jail,but i
>don't have source code for BIND to compile it,what
>shoul i do ? uninstalling BIND rpm and install it from
>source code?

RPM'ing BIND should substitute for Step 3 and Step 4.1 of that guide.
You might have to adjust some pathnames and such...

You might also want to check whether you can get an RPM that
automatically sets up the chroot jail for you. A quick Google search
indicates that such RPMs exists, I just don't know if any of them are
compatible with redhat9...

                        - Kevin