Can I increase caching?

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Sat Aug 20 03:34:51 UTC 2005

On Friday 2005-August-19 22:01, Steve Snyder wrote:
> My configuration is generally working well, but it seems to have a
> high percentage of recursions relative to successes.  For example:

No complaints until you checked the stats. ;)

> Any thoughts on what I could do to increase caching of data by BIND?

Someone else posted this very question a few days ago. The answer's no,
you cannot. BIND caches all and ONLY the data that is proper to cache.

The RR owners all over the world control the amount of time (TTL) that
those results may be cached. Rest assured that your cache is 100% at
all times, within the constraints of how the DNS was designed to work.

The only possible positive suggestion is to avoid stopping named
unnecessarily. The longer you let it run, the more likely you will
maximise cache hits.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header