Forward of a website.com to a www.website.com ?

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Wed Aug 17 19:29:03 UTC 2005

BoogieAgogo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this seems like a very little question, but I can't find the
> answer:
>
>   How do I get a domain to forward to the WWW. when a user does not
> type it?  ( Example, if you type yahoo.com it will forward to
> www.yahoo.com )
>
> I know it's not that big of a deal, but I have noticed on my websites
> that my Google Pagerank does not show up for the non WWW address.  I'm
> not sure if it affects pagerank, but I would just prefer to be on the
> safe side.
>
> I use Plesk 7.5/linux.
>
> Thanks!!

Sorry, this is HTML not DNS, but here you go:

Look at http://www.peter-dambier.de

<HTML><HEAD>
<META NAME=...
<META NAME=...
<TITLE>Peter und Karin Dambier</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<FRAMESET ROWS="100%,*" BORDER="0" FRAMEBORDER="0">
<FRAME SRC="http://www.peter-dambier.gmxhome.de/"
  SCROLLING="AUTO" NAME="bannerframe" NORESIZE>
</FRAMESET>

<NOFRAMES>
Peter und Karin Dambier
<P><DIV ALIGN="CENTER">
<A HREF="http://www.peter-dambier.gmxhome.de/">
http://peter-dambier.de/
</A></DIV>
</NOFRAMES>

</HTML>

Here it is used to redirect from www.peter-dambier.de to
www.peter-dambier.gmxhome.de

You are welcome to view it with your browser and look into the source.
The redirect was not programmed by me, but by my provider gmx.de

Regards,
Peter and Karin Dambier

--
Peter and Karin Dambier