same box / same IP

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Mon Aug 15 22:49:50 UTC 2005

> To: bind-users at isc.org
> Subject: same box / same IP
> From: Bill.Light at kp.org
> Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:12:01 -0700
>
> I don't know if this is more appropriate for apache list or here at
> bind...
> I have a domain for my daughters,  example.com
>
> can I use bind to distinguish between the two - where they are both
the
> same box/ip ?
>
> i.e.
>
> 66.12  IN  PTR  example.com.
> 66.12  IN  PTR  daughter1.example.com.
> 66.12  IN  PTR  daughter2.example.com.
>
> Or do I just do all of this with in apache ?

You need DNS to return the name->IP mapping AND you need Apache to set
up the virtual hosts.

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1             | Fax:      408.894.3479
San Jose, CA 95134                      | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin