New RR types?

Gushi google at gushi.org
Fri Aug 12 07:17:42 UTC 2005

Speaking from a little experience.  I had a similar problem with dhis
(www.dhis.org -- one of the less popular dynamic name services), they
basically had pluggable "engines" to update things like firewall rules,
or configs, or dns details.  Problem was, that their stuff was
hardcoded against libbind, and as the source aged slightly, well, I'm
sure you can imagine what happened.

My solution was to rip it out and rewrite the engine as a wrapper in
perl to call nsupdate (which would grow with my dns version)  I doubt
your app has such a "drop-in" plug in mechanism, sadly, so you're
probably looking at redoing the code.