Maximum named.conf entries

admin at 0catch.com admin at 0catch.com
Wed Aug 10 03:31:06 UTC 2005

Hi all.  I am using Bind 9 and was wondering what the max entries are
in the
named.conf file.  We are up to about 30500 entries.  I have a fairly
beefy machine (64bit opteron) and 4 gigs of ram for our name server, so
processing shouldn't be a problem.  I am hoping to get it up and over
75,000 entries on a single server?  Does anyone know if this is a
problem with bind or not.

I can't use any other DNS solution because of some proprietary
software we are using that is built on  top of bind.

If you have any info I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Matt