IPFW SMTP and DNS Proxies

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Aug 10 14:32:08 UTC 2005

At 7:09 AM -0700 2005-08-10, Merton Campbell Crockett wrote:

>  Recently, the system began attempting to deliver mail directly to the
>  target system rather than relay through the BSD/OS 4.3.1 system.  Does
>  anyone have or know of an SMTP proxy that would allow the BSD/OS 4.3.1
>  system to "fake" being the intended mail exchange system?

	You could change your firewall system so as to silently redirect
all outgoing SMTP sessions to the BSD/OS server and only allow SMTP
connections from the BSD/OS server to pass through.  Then you
wouldn't need to make any other changes on the BSD/OS server in this
area.

	However, this is totally unrelated to the DNS or BIND.  I'd
encourage you to find a newsgroup or mailing list that is specific to
your hardware platform, or one that is oriented towards the SMTP MTA
that you're using, and ask for further assistance there.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755