OT: getting spammed to my list address

aklist_bind at enigmedia.com aklist_bind at enigmedia.com
Thu Apr 14 14:59:25 UTC 2005

Hi All: sorry for the off-topic post, but I was just curious about
something. I set up a unique mail account to access this list, and within 2
weeks of using it I started getting bombarded with spam. Is that a function
of spammers setting up bogus accounts on bind-users and harvesting the
address of anyone posting? Or are posts on this list being picked up in
archives and are exploitable that way? Or both? I can change addresses and
resubscribe but it's kind of a drag to have to do it every two weeks <g>.

I have unique addresses subscribed to > 20 user lists and none of them were
picked up by spammers as quickly as this address (if at all).

TIA