PID-File from Bind 9.3.1

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Thu Apr 14 14:16:13 UTC 2005

My experience with BIND 9.3 is that a normal "SIGTERM" kill results in=20=

a second or two of final housekeeping/whatever and BIND deletes the PID=20=

file after it has done this other work.  Thus if you start another BIND=20=

process too soon after a kill, the stopping process will delete the new=20=

PID file.

John Wobus
Cornell CIT