PID-File from Bind 9.3.1

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Thu Apr 14 08:55:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

I use Bind 9.3.1 on Solaris 2.8.

In a case of desaster-recovery one of my secondary DNS-Server stops and
starts with a new (primary) config. A simple reload is not enough because he
has new interface to listen on.

My problem: Most times, when I test ist and stop and restart the server, all
things work out, but the named didn't write the named.pid-file whrere
normally his pid could be found.

He has all rights to write in this directory and I don't find any
error-message in the Logfiles, even on Debugmod there is nothing.

Has anyone any idea what coult causse the named not to write his pid-file?