(no subject)

anton at cervantes.uni-sofia.bg anton at cervantes.uni-sofia.bg
Thu Sep 23 13:57:45 UTC 2004

There is common between BIND and kernel upgrade. I'm running a Fedora Core 2
stable with
bind-9.2.3-13. It was working with fine all kernel shipped with Fedora,  until I
compile a kernel of my own. When I run this kernel BIND says "capset failed
premisiion denied". I've compiled the lates bind-9.2.4 but the result was the
same. I've looked in `man capset` see for your own. I was able to run bind only
as non-privilged user (named) on port > 1024. But I don't know how to convince
Windows to make queries on port > 1024. Does anyone have such problem, how can
it be solved??? In `man capset` is recommended to use cap_set_proc (3). Has Any
one done such patch??? 10x.