my partial dhcp client appln does not work when connected thru ISP

Swapna Prasad swapna56782004 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 23:14:36 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I was able get my application to get the dns info from the DHCP server. I used DHCPInform.  It works fine at work where DHCP server is in the same network or sub network. But when I try it from home I don't get any information from the DHCP server(no acknowledgment at all) where I am connected to Internet by DSL. Can any one please let me know what could be the reason, or is it how it should work.. or is it something to do with NAT at the ISP.

Thanks in advance
Swapna