Getting stats from win32 BIND9

Richard King sailorking at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 17:36:45 UTC 2004

Windows 2000
BIND 9.2.4rc8

I'm a newbie to the BIND world and i'm coming from MS DNS.  In MS DNS
it was easy for me to get all known stats for how it was performing
such as recursive queries per second and so forth using the
Performance Monitor and attaching the MS DNS Counters.  My question is
how can i get the same type of stats from BIND?

I would want how many queries it is processing a min, the error rate
etc.  I have done "rndc stats" but that only displays a few things and
it seems to be a running total, and not what the current load is.
Although i love when people answer me straight out, i also am a whore
for information (that sounded weird :|) so pointing me to BIND on
Windows 2000 sites is also very much welcome.

thanks and take care... i'm off to buy O'Reilly's DNS and BIND!

-King