Bind chrooted not save logs in /var/adm/messages

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Tue Sep 7 20:29:24 UTC 2004

mcmb62 at tid.es wrote:

> Hi,
>    sorry for the question. My english is very bad.
> I have a named chrooted and works well, except that  it's not possible
> to see messages of process named in /var/adm/messages. How I can to
> resolve this problem?
> Thank you very much.
> Regards.

This is os-dependent. What os do you use ?

Other options is to use nameds built-in (  -t ) option
which does chroot but not until logging is set up.

An exampel working in BSD :
 named -t /var/named -c /named.conf -u bind -n 2

( chroot to /var/named , use /named.boot ( relative the chroot area)
for configuration, -n 2 ( use 2 cpu's )

--
Peter Håkanson