Sub-domain delegation for BIND 9.2.3

Apache Apache apacheusr at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 5 02:56:04 UTC 2004

The setup that I have is on an Intranet enviroment. I have setup another DNS
(ie. for testing purpose) on BIND 9.2.3, configure the Pri DNS for
company.abc.com to delegate xyz.company.abc.com to this test server, added
"forwarders { };" to named.conf of the Pri DNS and able to perform the
nslookup for host.xyz.company.abc.com. However when I change the delegation
to the F5 DNS, I got the error message SERVFAIL when performing nslookup for
host.xyz.company.abc.com.

Kindly advise what could have gone wrong.

Beside different DNS program (ie. both the PRI DNS and test delegation
server running BIND 9.2.3 and the actual delegation server for
xyz.company.abc.com on F5), the other difference is the ip address of the
servers. The PRI DNS has IP 130.1.2.3, the test delegation server has IP
130.4.5.6 and the F5 DNS has IP 172.7.8.9. Would this pose any problem???