Bind 9.3 won't install WinNT, error creating user.

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Wed Oct 20 02:59:04 UTC 2004

The user doesn't already exist by chance, does it?

At 10:49 PM 10/19/2004, you wrote:
>I can't get bind 9.3.0 to install on a WinNT box.
>The install starts up, and I fill in a password for
>the "named" user, then the install seems to pause
>for a bit and returns the error:
>
>"Unable to Create Account for the Service."
>
>In the Progress area at the bottom of the screen, right
>after clicking the install button it says:
>
>"Current Operation:
>
>Create Directories...
>Copy Files...
>Register Service...
>Register Messages..."
>
>Then about 30 seconds later gives the account creation
>error. When I check the directory c:\winnt\system32\dns
>has NOT been created, even thought the "Create Directories..."
>message is displayed before the Account Creation
>error.
>
>I am logged in as the Domain Administrator, so I should
>have all permissions necessary/possible. The machine in
>question is NT4.0 running as a BDC.
>
>I tried manually creating a named account before running
>the install, but get the same error.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks, Cla.

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and
those that don't.