bind hassles

Billy K private at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 11 14:14:03 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have been given documentation that states bind is running on a server.  As
far as I can tell I cannot see it as a running process while running
ps -aux, unless its currently stopped.

How do I tell if this is infact install and operational.  Can anyone suggest
anything.  I'll be doing this for a range of other software just to attempt
to document what is running and where all the configuration files are.  For
example apache, samaba, squid, mysql, and other apps.

Is there an easy way of knowing what is running on each server and where all
configuration and source installation files are.

Thanks,