Host domain.dom not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Nov 4 00:48:07 UTC 2004

> >> Please, help me with this problem.
>
> BM> Tell us the real domain and server involved and maybe we'll have a
> BM> prayer of being able to figure it out.
>
> host -t mx brest.bks.by brus.belpak.brest.by

	A nameserver MUST NOT refer to a CNAME.  This is *not* supported
	by the DNS protocol.  Additional section processing does *not* follow
	CNAMES.  Things break when you do this as you have discovered.

	"ns.bks.by.              21600   IN      CNAME   bks.by."

		should be

	"ns.bks.by.              21600   IN      A	213.184.224.157"

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org