Ang: Re: refresh failure trying master x.x.x.x#53: timed out

Håkan Franzén hakan.franzen at oxelosund.se
Mon May 17 11:57:47 UTC 2004

>>>If you expect to get help here, it is ESSENTIAL that this list gets to
see EXACTLY what your name server sees and what it prints in the logs.
Editing or scrambling that information is confusing and downright
stupid. It may also be counter-productive because your attempts to
conceal that information introduces other errors. So people waste time
fixing them instead of the real problem.
If your car breaks down, would
you take your neighbour's car to the garage........

I sure understand that you need correct logs and soo. But cos I dont have
the permissions to expose that companys logs or configs, Thats why I had
to scrambles and put up fake IPs to the configs. But that was the only way
I could show you how the error message look like. (thanks for making me
feel like 6 years old with the car explaining.)

And it wouldent make any different if the logs was using fake IP or not,
cos a dig from your side wouldent help resolve anything, cos dig the
Master gave correct answers and dig slave worked fine aswell,, only
transfer that dident work as I wrote.

The problem was that kinda odd,, cos when i removed the old slave zone the
transfers start to work even for the last one.
Soo it looks like bind-9.2.2.P3-9 have some trouble overwriting and
corrupted old slave zone. even that it looke correct out in ascii. ( I
never had time to view it in hex editor, but i guess it was some stuff
there that made the transfer time out)

Here comes the (scrambled) answer :

scxdjkhfcdskjhfvkdjhgvkjsdhkvgjfdsjgfjds

/PS
What did you expect as answer ?
/DS

I dident expected a stoopid answer.

// Håkan Franzen
// IT-Tech Oxelösunds kommun
// Tel: +46-(0)155-38188 / +46-(0)70-5763140
"Nothing would please me more than being able
to hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market
with good software." -- Bill Gates 1976

....We are still waiting

Jim Reid <jim at rfc1035.com>
2004-05-14 15:35