Looking at Cache

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Tue May 4 18:28:44 UTC 2004

Matt <nospam.hciss at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > Is there a command or way to view the contents of what bind all has
> cached
>> > for DNS entries?  This is on a Trustix 2.1 Linux box.
>> >
>> > Matt
>>
>> rndc dumpdb

> Does not work.  Tried it on my other Linux box running as an email server
> and it works there.  Is there a setting somewhere I could have messed up
> causing it to not cache?

> Matt

*what* does not work ? Does 'rndc' give an error ( faulty
rndc/key setup) ?  Or don't you find the file ( you can
specify where it will go to ; options dump-file :
"dump-file

    The pathname of the file the server dumps the database to when instructed to do so with rndc dumpdb. If not specified, the default is named_dump.db."

See your Arm-book for details.

--
Peter Håkanson