resolving a second zone!

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Wed Mar 17 19:08:26 UTC 2004

aperry <aperry at terayon.com> wrote:
> Hello,

> I have an internal dns server that provides lookups for my domain, so l=
ets
> say "alan.com", now we are adding another zone for active directory, le=
ts
> say "ads.alan.com". The dns server for "alan.com" will only serv dns fo=
> that domain, for lookups in "ads.alan.com" I want to tell my dns to go =
to a
> name server on the "ads.alan.com" domain. I am not sure how to set this=
 up.
> In my named.conf file, what type of server would i be to that domain? I=
 am
> guessing that i will just need to set up a a db file with the SOA being=
 in
> the ads.alan.com domain, but would like to clarify that. Also if i need=
> do a password lookup on a pdc in the ads.alan.com network for samba
> purposes, how would i set up my resolver to do this? would the rosolver=
 on
> my unix boxes look like this:

> domain alan.com
> search alan.com, ads.alan.com
> nameserver 192.168.1.1

> Thanks in advance.
The only thing you need is a correct delegation in "alan.com" to
one or several nameservers for ads.alan.com.

An exampel ( assuming this is the zonefile for "alan.com") :

ads.alan.com.	IN	NS	first-nameserver.
ads.alan.com.	IN	NS	second-nameserver.

--=20
Peter H=E5kanson        =20
           Sorry about my e-mail address, but i'm trying to keep spam out=
,