shorten cache ttl?

Edward Lewis edlewis at arin.net
Wed Jun 30 19:27:27 UTC 2004

In the ARM:

max-ncache-ttl

To reduce network traffic and increase performance the server stores negative
answers. max-ncache-ttl is used to set a maximum retention time for these
answers in the server in seconds. The default max-ncache-ttl is 10800
seconds (3
hours). max-ncache-ttl cannot exceed 7 days and will be silently truncated to 7
days if set to a greater value.

max-cache-ttl

max-cache-ttl sets the maximum time for which the server will cache ordinary
(positive) answers. The default is one week (7 days).