Shadow Namespace and Microsoft DNS

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Mon Jun 28 13:06:21 UTC 2004

KD5ZMG <my00sc00by at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Is there anyone running a split namespace nameserver on Micrsoft?
>
>How does this work with and AD environment?
>
>thanks.
>
>Mark "Hamzter" C
>kd5zmg

I am not sure what you mean.  The MS DNS Server software does not
support split views, so there is no way to run that configuration on
MS DNS software.  You can run BIND on W2k with split views.  As for
working with an AD environment -- I am not sure what you are expecting.
Barry S. Finkel
Computing and Instrumentation Solutions Division
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov