bind vs. MS DNS

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Thu Jun 17 13:47:16 UTC 2004

Kevin Darcy (I believe) responded to a posting:

and Robert Lowe <Robert.H.Lowe at lawrence.edu> replied:

>We turn off DDNS in all of our client images.  Client-initiated dynamic
>updates is a bad idea anyway.  We use TSIG signed updates from ISC's
>DHCP server for the few zones where we do DDNS.  DHCP is probably
>another aspect of this discussion regarding migration too.  :-(

We attempt to turn off DDNS on all our W2k machines.  But DCs need
self-registration enabled in order for the DC to register its SRV
records.
Barry S. Finkel
Computing and Instrumentation Solutions Division
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov