Looking for DNS reverse lookup service

Humes, David G. David.Humes at jhuapl.edu
Tue Jun 15 17:41:32 UTC 2004

I realize there's no authoritative way to provide all the domain names
associated with an IP address, and that any service that claims to have this
capability is doing it by mining data, and will never be fully accurrate.
But, having said that, here's why it would be valuable.  Let's say that
you've determined that the host at IP x.y.z.q is sending exploit code to
hosts in your network.  You're pretty certain that it's not a spoofed IP, so
you say let's block the IP at the firewall.  Several minutes later when the
phones start ringing, you find that you've just blocked access to google,
Symantec and who knows what else.

The service that I saw showed you 4 domain names for an IP for free, and if
you wanted to see them all, you had to sign up.

--Dave