rndc reload / rndc reconfig do not add new zones from included files

John Fawcett no-spam at tiscali.it
Tue Jun 15 06:33:44 UTC 2004

"John Fawcett" <no-spam at tiscali.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:cal929$2jp1$1 at sf1.isc.org...
> I am using bind 9, on Suse 9.0. I have an issue with "rndc reload" and
"rndc
> reconfig" which does not seem to read newly added zones where those zones
> are in an include file.

following up my own post, here's the answer, just in case anyone searches
the archives. named is running chrooted. The script that starts bind also
updates the chroot jail. The jail is not updated by rndc obviously. So the
solution was a script to update the chroot jail and then run rndc reload.
Suse has already thought of this and it's sufficient to execute:

rcnamed reload

John