Looking for DNS reverse lookup service

Alan Shackelford ashackel at jhmi.edu
Tue Jun 15 01:20:53 UTC 2004

I don't really think this is possible unless you have access to the
files representing the zone data on the primary master DNS. Even then
there is nothing to say there is not a name from a totally separate DNS
pointing to the IP address. So if you saw such a thing it was either a
false claim or a scam. I can't see how one could possibly guarantee
accuracy in the moving, changeable Internet (I have enough trouble
within JHU and JHMI).

Alan