packet too big

Michael Varre bind9 at kishmish.com
Fri Jul 9 15:37:46 UTC 2004

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with EDNS0 (extended dns?).  Is this normal
and is it commonplace for a small pix such as mine to have to extend
allowable size to 1024?  Is this something that is just starting to popup?
Doesn't seem like it would be a standard thing set on a firewall such as a
pix if it were so commonplace.

> large list which
> won't fit into 512 bytes. Unless you prefer to use TCP for DNS data.

I wasn't aware that was an option.