BIND upgrade and secondary maintenace

David W. Brown dwbrown at webitplanet.com
Thu Jul 1 10:28:38 UTC 2004

Hello BIND gurus, I have recently upgraded BIND to 9.2.3 after my secondary dns provider/domainname registrar performed some type of so-called maintenance on their systems. After the secondary dns providers re-booted their nameservers my NS stopped cacheing queries. The secondary dns providers whois shows the IP of their so-called secondary nameserver as primary master listed first and my NS is listed second. I think this is why my nameserver no longer caches queries. Please advise, David.