Bind9 and Novell compatibility?

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Wed Jan 7 18:04:05 UTC 2004

dhiraj Dhiraj <gdhiraj at novell.com> wrote:
> New Netware6.5 shipped with a new named which is fully
> compatible with Bind9

> Dhiraj

> I guess more specifically the person is using it to run their ISP,
> small
> community ISP. But when my Bind9 servers try to refresh a domain hosted
> on
> their servers it has random problems. Initial load is ok but refresh
> fails.
> But all my bind8 servers are fine?

> I'm trying to figure out if there is some strange in-compatibility
> between
> bind9 and the Novell DNS server.

> Shane.
Yes, there is issues here.

Some versions of novell-DNS ( maybe you can clarify this ?)
answers NXDOMAIN for queries about records where it exists an
antry but with a differing type. This is an error, bind-8
does not catch this (always), bind-9 with it's stricter
compliance with standards interprets thses answers as
"there is no such domain".

< rest of message deleted >

--
Peter Håkanson