Firewall DNS reverse- forward lookup

admjcd admjcd at volpe.dot.gov
Fri Jan 2 15:37:17 UTC 2004

Thanks,

   As Howard pointed out. This raptor rule can cause some false positives and reject legitimate email just because someone misconfigured their DNS. This rule seems a little too judgmental for me. I would rather keep all the mail flowing and I am not sure this rule protects us from any realthreat? I am absolutely no good at nslookup with all of the advanced DNS configurations out there. Can any one tell if mail2world.com has a misconfigured DNS or if this rule may be returning a false positive? I used the rdns at samspade.org and it returns several IP addresses.  But again I am not sure what I am doing with nslookup!
  If I can show that this rule is returning a false positive I can have a case to get this rule turned off.

Thanks again everyone!