MX Record on Linux 9 Question

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Tue Feb 10 19:24:06 UTC 2004

On Monday 09 February 2004 05:02 pm, tnaves at linkwest.net wrote:

> Has anyone done this using the DNS tool?  Do you have any
> suggestions? Would the above render the mx record unusable?

I've never used any RH tool for DNS.  What I notice is that your first
example will send mail addressed to, for example, joe at mail.example.com,
to mail.example.com, but won't work for mail addressed to
joe at example.com.

For that you'd need your second example.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation