Reserved Second-Level-Domains for Country-Code-TDLs

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 19:51:57 UTC 2004

Arsen V. wrote:

> I would like to find a list of the same for other ccTDLs that have
> segmented the top level domain of that country into specific second
> level domains.
I've not seen such a list.

"co" as in "co.uk" sometimes becomes "com" (e.g. "com.ua")

I've not seen an edu.uk - but ac.uk, and "ac" does crop up elsewhere.

UK TLD allows zone transfer.

'dig @ns1.nic.uk uk axfr'

A bit of cutting and piping later for the UK gives the SLDs.

ac
bl *
british-library *
co
gov
icnet *
jet *
ltd
me
mod ?(Ministry of Defence - roughly equivalent to the  DoD in the US)
national-engineering-laboratory *
national-library-scotland *
nel *
net
nhs *
nic
nls *
org
orgn
parliament
plc
police
sch

* likely IMHO to be if not unique to the UK, specific to the UK. Some
other countries have Ministries of Defence, some may even have a
National Health Service (NHS), although the NHS post-dates most of the
empire.