FW: named running no ns

Kelly webmaster at boredomsoftware.com
Sat Aug 21 03:37:00 UTC 2004

>Hello Kelly,

>1, We can't receive your zip file, please post the detail of each file
(
config and zones ) here...
>2, Are you enabling Firewall function with your OS ?
>3, What is your registered Domain_name ?

>Edward.

Edward,

I am not using a firewall on the OS.  I have one on the router and it is
set to allow port 53 to go to the box.

Domain name I am trying to port is boredomhost.com

Posting files below.

Kelly

Contents of named.conf:

options {
        directory "/var/named";
        pid-file "/var/run/named/named.pid";
	/*
         * If there is a firewall between you and nameservers you want
         * to talk to, you might need to uncomment the query-source
         * directive below.  Previous versions of BIND always asked
         * questions using port 53, but BIND 8.1 uses an unprivileged
         * port by default.
         */
         query-source address * port 53;
// If you need to foward to an upstream server uncomment
// the following 4 lines and add the IP addresses of your
// upstream or ISP DNS servers.
// If you don't use this then any queries not resolved by this server
// will go directly to the root level domain servers.
//
//	 foward first;

// Sets the IP and port to listen on
	 listen-on port 53 {
		192.168.0.102;
		};

};

// Logging is a much easier way to find out what's happening...
//
// Note: I normally use "info" to get fairly detailed logs.
// you can change this to any of the following depending on your needs
// dynamic|debug|info|notice|warning|error|critical
logging {
// create a log channel "bindlog", choose the location for the log
// and the severity level to log
	channel bindlog {
		file "/var/named/log/bind.default.log";
		severity info;
		};
// create a log channel "querylog", choose the location for the log
// and the severity level to log
	channel querylog {
		file "/var/named/log/bind.query.log";
		severity info;
		};
// Now we assign the logging categories (predefined) to use a log
channels
// we created above. i.e queries will use the querylog channel, placing
the
// logs in /var/named/log/bind.query.log and will log any event with a
log
// level of "info" or higher

	category default { bindlog; };
	category queries { querylog; };
	};

//
// a caching only nameserver config
//
zone "." in {
        type hint;
        file "/var/named/named.ca";
};

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" in {
        type master;
        file "/var/named/127.0.0.rev";
};

//zone "BoredomHost" {
//        notify no;
//        type master;
//        file "/var/named/named.forward";
//};

zone "boredomhost.com" in {
        notify no;
        type master;
        file "/var/named/boredomhost.com.hosts";
};

zone "0.168.192.in-addr.arpa" in {
        notify no;
        type master;
        file "/var/named/named.0.168.192";
};

zone "189.221.12.in-addr.arpa" in {
        notify no;
        type master;
        file "/var/named/named.12.221.189";
};

zone "rocktonillinois.org" in {
	type master;
	file "/var/named/rocktonillinois.org.hosts";
	};

Contents of boredomhost.com.hosts:

$ttl 38400
boredomhost.com.       IN      SOA     ns1.boredomhost.com.
webmaster.boredomsoftware.com. (
                        2004082006      ; serial, todays date + todays
serial #
                        10800              ; refresh, seconds
                        3600              ; retry, seconds
                        604800              ; expire, seconds
                        86400 )            ; minimum, seconds

boredomhost.com. 	IN	NS      ns1.boredomhost.com.
localhost.boredomhost.com	IN	A	127.0.0.1

@				IN	A 	 12.221.189.126
www.boredomhost.com.	IN	A	 12.221.189.126
mail.boredomhost.com.	IN	A	 12.221.189.126
ns1.boredomhost.com.	IN	A	 12.221.189.126