BIND Forwarding Problem on XP Startup with System Service

o pti at foomortalish.rog
Sat Aug 14 22:03:50 UTC 2004

I've got BIND 9 working great as a system service on Windows XP on two
different machines.

However, when either computer is first started, it refuses to forward
requests to my ISP's DSN servers until I restart the "ISC BIND" service.

It never fails to serve me my own domain entries when queried.

One of these systems is running it as Local System and the other is
running as a user named DNS.

Has anyone had this problem before?  Perhaps a conflict with some other
XP service?  I wouldn't ask if I hadn't already scoured Google, but I
can't believe this isn't a common problem.

opti