Moving dns server to a different IP

Alan Silver alancsilver at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 17:23:49 UTC 2004

All:

Just looking what is probably a simple question. Currently I have dns
server running on IP (call it 10.1.1.1). We will be migratin the IP
(same server) to (call it 11.1.1.1). So, right now we have the dns
server up and running on the two IPs (10.1.1.1 and 11.1.1.1) and
listening on both IPs. I am trying to determine if any of our clients
are querying the "old" IP of 10.1.1.1. I have set up logging on the
dns server, but all I am seeing is a query and it is not telling me
which IP of the dns server is being queried.

Is there an easy way in bind to determine which IP the request is
coming in on?

Thanks for the help

alan