bind9 on windows

dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Thu Apr 29 03:19:02 UTC 2004

    Hello,
    Does anyone have bind9 going under win2k or xp? I've got the bind9 kit,
it's installed, and by using a bind4 tutorial and translating unix to
windows, i've got bind starting, i've got an rndc.conf file and coresponding
control and key statements in named.conf, and named-checkconf reports no
syntax problems. However, when i try to use host to look up an address like
localhost and i've got a winnt\system32\drivers\etc\resolv.conf file
pointing at 127.0.0.1 i get timeout errors. In the event log i am seeing
premature end of inputs on my zone files. Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.