I've got a mess

Michael Barber mikeb at comcity.com
Tue Apr 20 21:28:34 UTC 2004

> Also, since you have identified that comcity.com is one of the zones
> that you are responsible for, I played around a little looking at this
> zone.  Make the that the NS records for this zone are correct.  You
> have "ns.comcity.com" at 207.168.174.130 defined, which seems to be
> functioning.  You also have a "ns2.comcity.com" at 209.10.62.39, which
> although running a DNS server, does not appear to be authoritative for
> your "comcity.com" zone.  This problem on ns2 could be caused by
> either; not being configured at all for this zone, or there is a
> problem loading this zone.
>
> Bill Larson

Well, I have my changes ready for the primary nameserver...but when I shut
it off to make the changes the secondary....it did NOT pick up.  Castrophy!
Rush to get the Primary back up with what it has.  Something is definetly
wrong with my secondary name server.  I noticed that Bill said that ns2 is
not authorative for the zone....

Not sure why this would be the case....  This is my zone file (condensed)
for the comcity domain.  Can anyone see something obvious that I'm missing?

; BIND version named 8.4.4 Fri Jan 16 22:45:44 2004
; BIND version marka at drugs:src/port/winnt
; zone 'comcity.com'   first transfer
; from [209.66.93.2].53:53 (local [209.10.62.22].1045) using AXFR at Mon Mar
; NOT TSIG verified
$ORIGIN com.
comcity 1800 IN SOA ns.comcity.com. webmaster.comcity.com. (
  2004033101 43200 7200 604800 1800 )
 1800 IN NS ns.comcity.com.
 1800 IN NS ns2.comcity.com.
 1800 IN MX 10 mail.comcity.com.