TTL's in 8.3

Michael Barber mikeb at comcity.com
Fri Apr 16 19:29:00 UTC 2004

> Michael,
>
> You don't really have much of a mess.  How many zone files do you have?
>
> You mention "event logs".  I take it you're running on Windows?  The
> warnings and errors will be logged by BIND in log files located in the
> directories specified in the BIND config, not the Windows event log.  A
> few entries _are_ made in the Windows logs, such as service startup, but
> not much else.

Yes, I'm running a Windows version of Bind.

I don't find any other log files beside the event logs. Hmm???

But I do see a bunch of these errors in the event log...which makes me think
the secondary is still not working correctly....  Or maybe these warning are
just because those timing restrictions have been placed in the conf
file....and the limits are getting reached.

WARNING
  zone transfer timeout for "howcocametals.com"; second kill pid 1448 -
forgetting, processes may accumulate