redundant servers

RYAN vAN GINNEKEN rmvg at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 18 06:20:55 UTC 2003

Ok here is my scenario i have 3 registered domains and two Freebsd boxes
running bind 9 postfix 2 and apache 2.  These servers are on separate
networks server one is master for itself and slave for the remaining 2
domains on the server 2.  Server 2 is slave for server 1 and master for
a couple of its own domains yet only has one ip address.  This i seem to
have figured out over the past couple of years what is confusing me
right now is how do i get the servers to back each other up i mean  if
one goes down  the other one takes over dns web page mail sever
everything.  seems like a great concept but how do i achieve this i
think i got the dns stuff  but what about the rest dns seems to be
everything in these situations so  i hope this is not to far off topic