bind rtt and traffic statistic

Ladislav Vobr lvobr at ies.etisalat.ae
Tue Nov 18 03:11:49 UTC 2003

can bind provide me with some statistic about how is the traffic going
to root servers from the recursive server, distributed among particular
root servers. something like for example 99% or root traffic going to
f.root-servers.net and 0.5 going to d.root-servers.net, or I have to use
tools for network analyses.

I have also tried to get RTT statistic out of bind, but I succeeded in
bind8 case only, where it shows in named_dump.db NT= values, which are
somehow related to rtt, I believe. Is it in miliseconds ?

Bind9 seems to have different dump layout, and I did not find any
similar thing there. Any info about bind9 dump.db ? Perhaps it has been
omited ?

Ladislav