delegating a subdomain in Windows (NS Records)

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard J.deBoynePollard at Tesco.NET
Sat Nov 1 11:43:04 UTC 2003

u> I know this is a BIND group, but I'd rather deal with a BIND
u> guru with some knowledge of Windows than a Windows person with
u> some knowledge of BIND.  (Plus, I've posted to a Windows
u> newsgroup, but am not expecting anything.)
u> [...]
u> Can anyone tell me how to do this in Windows, or verify that
u> it just cannot be done?

In the light of what you have said, I find myself enjoying the irony that your
post to "microsoft.public.win2000.dns" received three answers within the first
four hours (giving you two, of the three, different ways to create "NS"
resource records, one of which is right in front of you; and pointing you at
the descriptions of delegations and how to make them that are even right there
in the Microsoft DNS server documentation), whilst this post here went
unanswered.

Are you now thinking how wrong your foolish prejudice about "BIND gurus" being
(more) capable of providing an answer and your erroneous implication that one
couldn't publish "NS" resource records with Microsoft's DNS server ("verify
that it just cannot be done") both were ?