[Newbie] BIND8 Configuration

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Jan 27 22:24:58 UTC 2003

Well, you're trying to load the "universe" zone from a file called
"localhost.zone", which probably doesn't have the appropriate zone data
in it. If this is true, then there should have been all sorts of ugly
log messages about it -- you should really get into the habit of
watching your logs whenever your change anything.

Also, you have no "domain" directive in the /etc/resolv.conf so I'm not
sure why you thought "sun" without any domain on it would work...

                                                - Kevin