failed while receiving responses: unexpected message id

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Jan 21 22:44:21 UTC 2003

> Hi,
> I have a prob with a bind version 9.2.

	No such beastie.  9.2 is as collection of versions.
	Was that 9.2.0, 9.2.1 or 9.2.2rc1?

> With some zones I always get the message
> "failed while receiving responses: unexpected message id".
> I can do a dig axfr and look in the zone. I can't see any prob.
>
> Anybody know this problem and can tell me a way to fix it?
> Or can give me a little hint, how I can load the zones anyway?
>
>    ~Patrick

	The master server is not putting the correct id in the
	message headers in the response.  Depending upon which
	version of dig you are using it may not be checking them.

	The SOA and IXFR responses MUST have the correct id.  The
	first message of the AXFR response MUST have the correct id.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org