Secondary DNS Servers

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Wed Jan 15 18:03:34 UTC 2003

?

> Any Help would be gratefully received

Nameservers will generally keep track of all nameservers for=20
a given domain, keeping statistics about response time.

The algorithm is such that all servers will be tried, but the
"best" one will be used most of the time. Eventually the dead one
will get a query, and any reachability change will update=20
reachability figures.

I think it's called "round trip time" evaluation.

> Thank You

> Lumux

--=20
Peter H=E5kanson=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20