Questions about DNS performance

Joaquin J. Domens jdomens at corp.terra.es
Tue Feb 18 11:31:13 UTC 2003

What do you mean by this ?
Do it looks normal with the outputs I gave you ?
I mean with this statistics, is it normal to have a 60% CPU usage?
The servers have configured just the normal zones
127.0.0
localhost
and the root cache

TIA

> Take a peak at the query mix (off peak should be fine if it
> varies smoothly), it maybe that the servers should be
> authoritative for zones such as RFC1918 address space, or similar.
>=20
> I'm sure you can get substantially more throughput out of the
> same hardware if you are minded to put the effort in, be it
> compiler options, OS patches and tuning.
>=20

Joaquin J. Domens
=C1rea de Tecnolog=EDa
Departamento de Producci=F3n / Aplicaciones
Terra Networks Espa=F1a S.A.
Via dos Castillas 7, Pozuelo de Alarc=F3n
Madrid, Espa=F1a
Tel. (34) 91-452-33-71
joaquin.domens at corp.terra.es