Microsoft Active Directory and bind serial numbers

Cricket Liu cricket at nxdomain.com
Tue Feb 4 18:21:34 UTC 2003

Barry Finkel wrote:
> Besides Cricket's reply, with which I am not in 100% agreement,
> you can place the "_" zones on a W2k DNS server and have the BIND
> servers be slaves for the zones.  See the list archives for more
> details.  The SRV records that the DCs place in DNS are required for
> W2k to operate.

You're not "in 100% agreeement" with my description of how
to turn off dynamic updates on a Domain Controller?  What
on Earth does that mean?  If you think my description is wrong,
just say so, and tell us all why.

Have you read Microsoft Knowledge Base article 198767?

cricket

The DNS and BIND Cookbook, now available!
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dnsbindckbk/