Strange nsupdate results.

Steven Job lists at dnsred.tiggee.com
Tue Aug 26 19:27:41 UTC 2003

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.
I am running bind-9.2.2.

I have a script that changes the IP by sending an nsupdates (two lines, one to remove the old ip and one to add it back with the new IP).

For some reason (once in a blue moon it looks like) the first IP never is removed and it just ends up created multiple A records.  Which is obviously wrong.

I did not have this problem at bind-9.2.1.  But the strange thing is that I can not duplicate it when I want. I sent over 100,000 updates and it worked fine.  But after a day or so I will see it pop up again.

Is this something that is known or is something wrong on my end.  Is there some extra verbosity I can set (other than rndc querylog) for nsupdate?

Thanks for any light on this issue.
-Steve