DNS + Qmail + Redhat9.0

Jaz jazxyz at web.de
Sun Aug 24 14:42:44 UTC 2003

I did the modification .....
$TTL 38400
@ IN SOA linux.sdc. fadi.sdc. (
1060775578
10800
3600
604800
38400 )

IN NS linux.sdc.
55 IN PTR linux.sdc.
~

but still facing problems
I did some test via nslookup ... i think i still having problem
my /etc/resolv.conf
search sdc sdc
nameserver 127.0.0.1
#nameserver 10.5.1.55
#domain sdc
#domain go.com.jo
#nameserver 196.27.0.29
#nameserver 196.27.0.7

[root at linux root]# nslookup www.linux.sdc
Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

** server can't find www.linux.sdc: NXDOMAIN

[root at linux root]# nslookup mail.linux.sdc
Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

** server can't find mail.linux.sdc: NXDOMAIN

[root at linux root]# nslookup 10.5.1.55
Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

** server can't find 55.1.5.10.in-addr.arpa: SERVFAIL

[root at linux root]# nslookup 127.0.0.1
Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.

[root at linux root]# nslookup linux.sdc
Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

Name:   linux.sdc
Address: 10.5.1.55