how does this my isp resolve my url...?

neon_bikini neon_bikini at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 07:07:02 UTC 2003

This is a newbie question. I am trying to understand how my ISP
resolves my URL to my page. My url is neonbikini.isp.com. If i do a
dig on this name i get IP 192.168.1.0. Finally if I enter this address
into my browser I get a generic page that is not my site.

My question is, What happens to my name based url to resolve to my
page and not this other generic page at the ISP? I understand DNS
service and how the basic dns works, but I'm used to simple 1:1 and
this doesnt add up.

-nb
BTW. the real site name and ip were changed as i'm sure you can figure
out.